One of the things that hold many of us back is the lack of self-confidence and not having enough belief in ourselves. Faith, confidence, and belief are such outstanding quality to possess. Self-belief is the ability to believe in your worth and capabilities. Many people struggle with this in different ways. We all lack confidence in some areas in our lives, but because we have belief and self-confidence in ourselves, in general, we get through it.
There have been more than a few times that I turned down an opportunity because I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to do it and I would disappoint someone. I was scared of what people might think if I said yes to something. I realize now that I didn’t have enough belief in myself at that particular moment, which made me feel less confident in my ability and then came the fear which caused me to freeze.
I think we have all felt like this at one time or another in our lifetime. You find yourself questioning whether you are good enough. Iw ould find myself planning a workshop and stopping dead in my tracks thinking I was crazy. Who is going to show up? Why would people want to listen to me? There are so many people out there who are better than I am what can I possibly have to offer?
We develop many of our beliefs about ourselves during childhood. Someone could have told us we weren’t good at something or made fun of us, or maybe didn’t pick us to play on their team. Who knows what sticks with us and shows up at the most inopportune time. Those negative experiences could cause us to lack self-confidence, sometimes even feel like we don’t deserve success. But, Just because you believe something about yourself doesn’t make it real. It is just your perception, not reality.
“Your reality is a reflection of your strongest belief.”
What you can do to work on your belief system today:
- Find your support system – Hang around with people who have your best interest at heart and cheer you on.
- Make a list – Write down of all of the things you are good at and that you have already accomplished.
- Keep learning – Read books and attend workshops that teach you how to work on belief and develop your self-confidence. What you focus on grows.
- Be grateful – Instead of focusing on what’s wrong with you, focus on the things that you do well and what you presently have in your life.
- Stop comparing yourself – People tend to compare their beauty, car, house, achievements and even their kids to other peoples. You are enough, be you.
- Focus on your unique strengths – We all have something that is a unique talent to us. We also have to remember to work on our shortcomings. Nobody is perfect, and there is not a single perfect person out there. We are all perfectly imperfect. We can learn to work with our shortfalls, such as by delegating out, rather than letting our shortfalls bring us down.
We are all a work in progress, I still work on my beliefs and question myself from time to time. Try and discover opportunities that are presented to you, rather than focus on negative thinking and how you might not be able to do something. When you believe in yourself, anything is possible. We all are capable of can creating life we desire.