Sometimes being happy is easier than it sounds. We all have days where we wake up just not feeling happy, it just seems like it takes extra effort just to smile. What makes me the happiest is freedom. Freedom to call my own shots, make my own schedule, work with who I choose to work with and be able to spend time with my family whenever I am needed to without answering to anyone. Building my business and the decisions that I have made over my 20 plus year journey has allowed me that freedom. Through what I do and what I can offer people, I get to make a difference in their lives, which makes me equally as happy.
I am a huge believer in personal development. I read a lot of blogs and articles, I especially love to read about anything that has to do with anti-aging, entrepreneurship and just about everything that talks about attitude, mindset and hanging out with positive like-minded people.
I read something from a blog I follow recently, it is called -Sandy’s Blog-Antiaging@home, that I wanted to share. I thought her 10 tips were not only useful, but I practice as many of them as often as I can and I know that it helps me to personally stay happy and positive.
Here are Sandy’s 10 tips to being happy:
- Smile – Even when you do not feel like smiling, do it anyway. It will always make you feel happier. It will get those endorphins going!
- Sing out loud – Singing can improve your overall health. So sing in your car or the shower because it is good for you.
- Connect with a friend – Whether it is a phone call or even a text it will make you feel good.
- Dance like nobody is watching – You will laugh and have fun and it will make you feel awesome.
- Keep a gratitude journal – Write down at least 3 things you are grateful for every morning as soon as you get up. It will keep your mind more positive throughout the day.
- Practice aromatherapy – You can light a candle or even just smell your essential oils. Try jasmine, lemon, or peppermint.
- Listen to upbeat music – Fun upbeat happy music can lift your mood. I like to listen to fun music while I walk because it helps me to actually walk longer and faster. I love to lisen to it in my office it gets me pumped up and keep me awake and motivated.
- Stay around people who make you feel good – Negative people drain your positive energy so avoid them as much as possible. If they don lift you up, they need to go.
- Spend money on experiences – It will definitely make you happier overall in the long run if you send money on fun stuff you enjoy, not just stuff in general.
- Practice an act of kindness – Doing something nice for someone else everyday will always make you feel happier. It could be a phone call, a note, an email wih a nice message, it is the at of showing someone you care that counts.
I will tell you that I try to practice all of these tips to help me to ultimately stay in a happier state of mind, but, number’s 7, 8, and 10 are my personal favorites! Try these yourself and let me know how they work for you!
Feel free to let me know what works for you HERE